On to my actual entry for round four.
When we last left off, I was awake at 6am, well medicated and staring into a bowl full of fruitalicious swirls. I’d tried and failed to create a mog set with which I was satisfied, on nearly every class. I hadn’t rolled a warrior to play with, but discounted them out of hand. I’ve never been able to level one past the starter zones; if I’m going to play a plate class, I want one that can heal as well (which also explains why I’ve never gotten into death knights either).
What’s left? Druid.
Maybe I can work with that.
Purple, teal, and acid green. All have at least a dash of blue… What about contrasting colors? Orangish-red, pink, dark green…. Hmmm…. Now we’re getting somewhere.
Log in to my Night Elf druid, fire up MogIt, and get to work. Racing through helms first, I find exactly what I want. It’s a leather helm, sold by G’eras in Shattrath, that my rogue used to drool over. I didn’t begin raiding till very late in BC so I never had enough Badges of Justice to pick one up, but now it’s a steal for 390 Justice Points.
Once I had the helm, I worked my way down, swapping out pieces here and there till I was satisfied.
Here’s the end result of my Trix- and painkiller-fueled bout of insomnia:
And from the side:
- Head: Mask of Primal Power – Bought from G’eras in Shattrath, 390 JP.
- Shoulders: Deep Earth Mantle – Traded for the Shoulders of the Corrupted Vanquisher token (heroic) in your capital city.
- Back: Denmother’s Cloak – Quest reward from Report to the Denmother in Felwood.
- Chest: Vestments of the Soulflayer – Barely visible, beyond the straps around the upper arms. Drops from Jin’do the Godbreaker in Zul’Gurub.
- Shirt: Sawbones Shirt – A rare (3%) drop from Doctor Theolen Krastinov in Scholomance.
- Tabard: Purple Trophy Tabard of the Illidari – Required. Contained inside Offering of the Sha’tar, rewarded from Battle of the Crimson Watch in Shadowmoon Valley.
- Wrists: Drakewing Bands – Low level BoE blue drop.
- Hands: Devilsaur Gauntlets – Another blue BoE, this one from leatherworking.
- Waist: Cord of Pale Thorns – Alliance-only drop from Eydis Darkbane, one of the Twin Valkyrs in Trial of the Crusader.
- Legs: Borelgore’s Skin – Yum. Quest reward from The Corpulent One in Eastern Plaguelands.
- Feet: Bard’s Boots – Low level BoE green item.
- Main Hand: Scaleslicer – BoE epic drop out of Blackwing Descent.
- Off-hand: Voodoo Shaker – Another item from G’eras, 182 Justice Points.
While I was browsing items, I fell in love with the belt/pants combo. Until you look closely, from the front it looks like a purplish bird in flight – the belt buckle face with its wings flapped down across the thighs – which to me echoes the silhouette of the helm/shoulders, where the bird has it’s wings spread. Could just be the meds talking though.
Also, the whole shebang in 3D is available here.
One last shot, portrait style:
I lied. I have one more pic to add, as promised in my previous post. This was the orc warlock set I abandoned earlier this week:
Thanks for looking, and best of luck to everyone!